In the tradition of St. Elizabeth Seton, we cherish all children and believe in the healing power of loving relationships. As a center of pediatric, rehabilitative and palliative care, we are inspired by her legacy as we join with families in the holistic care of their children.
- Children need their families to be integral participants in their care, in recognition of the unique bond that exists between parent and child.
- Children need to experience all aspects of family life, including sharing and celebrating their cultural and faith-based traditions.
- Children learn by experiencing each moment as an opportunity for learning, development and growth.
- Children need friends.
- Children need adult role models.
- Children are filled with a sense of wonder, a need to be engaged and stimulated, and a desire to explore and broaden their world.
- Children need to experience the magnificence that comes from sensory stimulation.
- Children enjoy giving as well as receiving and being valued for each contribution they can make to their community.
- Children love to sing, perform, be recognized and delight an audience.
- Children need to take risks that allow them the beauty of self-discovery, the joy of success and the mastery of difficult tasks.
- Children are drawn to nature and a green and natural environment; a world filled with animals, plants, water, snow and the outdoors.
- Children like order, expected events and rituals.
- Children should have the pleasure of living in an environment that approximates a homelike setting, with elements of a neighborhood community.
Donations can be made to our Let Us Build a House Capital Campaign, specific program initiatives, support general operations, or to the Uncle Artie Fund. To designate your donation or for further information please contact Brian Harrington in our Development Department at 646.459.3632 or via e-mail at email@example.com.